Fun Facts About "The Nightmare Before Christmas"
Here are some of the thing you don’t know about “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
Posted By- Khyati Rathod | Posted On - Dec 09, 2020
Some of the thing you don’t know about “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
>> The Nightmare Before Christmas is over two decades old and it’s widely celebrated to be a Halloween movie.
>> The film’s songs were written before the scripts. This movie is based on a poem that this poem originally had just three Characters
Here are some of the Fun Facts about “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
1. “Nightmare Before Christmas” is one of the most iconic Halloween movies of all time that is also a popular movie in December
2. The beloved animated feature is 25 years old, but there is a lot that may not know about it.
Tim Burton is the Producer, not the Director
1. Although his name is according to the title, Tim Burton is not the director of “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
2. Instead, Henry Selick made his directorial debut with the animated Disney film.
“The Nightmare Before Christmas” is based on a poem
1. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” was based on a poem written by Burton when he was an animator for Disney.
2. Selik told the Daily Beast in 2013, “Tim can rewrite the classic poem called Twas the Night Before Christmas” along with the designs for jack skellington, his dog, Zero, and Santa Claus.
3. According to the Beast, Burton also pitched Disney as a stop motion feature in 1983
In the original poem there were only three characters:
In this colorful cast of the film, there were only three-character.
1. In Burton’s “Nightmare Before Christmas,” there are only three characters: Zero, Santa Claus, Skelligton.
Santa Claus is the famous character of “Nightmare Before Christmas”
Films song was written before Script was:
1. In the “Nightmare Before Christmas” song is written before writing the whole Script
2. In “Nightmare Before Christmas” the composer Danny Elfman wrote the whole song for “The Nightmare Before Christmas” before there was a script to go off of.
3. He wrote an iconic song after Burton described bits and pieces of the story to him.
4. Tim would show me sketches and drawings, and he would also tell me the story and describe it in bits of phrases and words and I would say that ‘yeah, I got it, three days later, I had a song’ Elfman told the Los Angeles Times in 2015.
“The Nightmare Before Christmas” took three years to make
1. The film “Nightmare Before Christmas” is stop-motion and it tools animators about three years to complete the film.
2. I was in the film for the last three and a half years. The stop-motion animation can take something 18 months, but with pre-production, where you storyboarded in every single shot and then it did add up, Selick told the Daily Beast in the 2017 interview.
3. At its peak, there were about 120 people working on it, and we had between 12 to 17 animators on the job, at last, he added.
There is one scene the director said “Really regrets” replacing:
1. In one scene in “Nightmare Before Christmas,” the director said that he would really regret replacing this scene in the film.
2. One time Selick said to the Hollywood Reporter in 2018 that he really regrets replacing a scene at the end of the movie. This can happen when Christmas comes in a Halloween town.
3. There where we can see a lot of Halloween towners to be enjoyed in winter spots and snow also. At this time you can see the vampires playing hockey and they hit the puck right at the camera. And originally it was Tim Burton’s head.
4. Selick said that “it was really funny that, and Di Novi or one of the Hollywood producers told me one time”
5. At this time I don’t think that Tim’s can not be like that, and also feel so stupid for asking this.
6. In the end, he added that “that is one of the shots that we have to reshoot and we have to put in pumpkin instead of this”
Burton said that don’t want the “Nightmare Before Christmas” to make any sequels:
1. When Burton see the Nightmare character rights at this time he thinks that he doesn’t want any sequels for this Nightmare
2. Burton is always protective about Nightmare so he doesn’t want the same as or any sequels of this movies
Burtons wants to make a film that people really like to watch and people can watch this movie again and again.
Jack skellington is meant to have no eyes:
1. At this Tim Burton, and Jack are fighting for that he doesn’t want to have an eye on this character
2. Burton said that if we won’t give this character a life then we have to give eyes to the character.
The Director Confirm that “The Nightmare Before Christmas” is a one Halloween movie:
1. During the time of the Q & A of the film, Selic said that “The Nightmare Before Christmas” is a Halloween movie. But this is the film that everyone enjoys every holiday.